KARACHI - MQM chief Altaf Hussain appealed to his supporters of all ethnicities especially the Muhajirs to get prepared mentally and physically for difficult times.
In a statement, he said the Sindh government and administration were carrying out action against the party on the basis of fabricated, false and baseless allegations. “The Sindh government’s actions indicate that it has decided to wipe off Muhajirs from the face of the earth.” He said once again false claims were being made to show that the community was backing India. He said the authorities, in order to substantiate their false claims, have alleged that Indian-made weapons are found the MQM office.
The MQM chief added that false allegations of the Jinnahpur conspiracy and Muhajir Republican Army had also been levelled against the party in the past. He said that even children could see through this treacherous plan as this was the 21st century and age of information technology.
A statement issued by the Rangers spokesman alleged that Indian-made weapons had been recovered from the office of a ‘political party’.
Meanwhile, the MQM Rabita Committee demanded the removal of Additional Inspector General (AIG) Police Shahid Hayyat immediately. The committee demanded President Mamnoon Hussain, PM Nawaz Sharif and Interior Minister Ch Nisar to remove the AIG if they wanted to save the country.
Altaf Hussain also strongly condemned the bomb blast near the customs house at Chaman border and expressed his deep sorrow and grief over the martyrdom of innocent people and wounded persons.
In a statement, he said that those who were carrying out subversive activities and bomb blasts in the country deserved harsh punishment. He said their gruesome acts of terrorists were highly condemnable. These acts must be condemned as much as possible. He added terrorists involved in these subversive activities deserve no sympathy.
Altaf prayed to Allah for the people who had embraced martyrdom in the brutal attack and expressed his heartfelt condolences with the bereaved families and speedy recovery of the wounded people.
He demanded Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and provincial and federal governments to take notice of the tragic incident and arrest the people responsible for this brutal act and prosecute them.
INP adds: The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) on Wednesday ordered physical remand until October 18th of Muttahida Qaumi Movement activist Kazim Abbas Rizvi, the man arrested in the killing of advocate Naimat Ali Randhawa.
Police presented Kazim Abbas Rizvi, accused in murder of advocate Naimat Ali Randhawa, before ATC under strict security, following which his remand was ordered.
Karachi police on Tuesday disclosed the arrest of Kazim Rizvi allegedly involved in the killing of Naimat Ali Randhawa.
AIG of Karachi police, Shahid Hayat had said that Rizvi was associated with MQM’s Unit 178. Hayat had said that during the initial investigation, the accused had confessed to killing Randhawa.
He further said that Rizvi had killed Randhawa for pursuing the case of TV reporter Wali Babar who had been killed in 2011.
Rizvi is also involved in targeted killings of eight other people, the AIGP said, adding, that raids were being conducted to arrest three other accomplices of the accused.
Police claimed to have recovered a 9MM pistol with five rounds from Rizvi’s possession.
Wali Khan Babar, a journalist who worked for a private television channel, was gunned down in January 2011 in Liaquatabad area of Karachi.
Several witnesses in the journalist’s murder were killed one after the other which has also attracted the apex court’s attention.
Sindh Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah had recently told a Press conference that one of the witnesses in the Wali Babar murder case was still alive and was being given ample security.