KARACHI - Commissioner Hashim Raza Zaidi has said that the compensation amount announced by the government for the affectees of twin blast at Abbas Town would be provided to them in two to three days.
He said this while talking to media representatives in a relief camp set up in Abbas Town on Tuesday evening.
The Commissioner Karachi said technical survey of affected buildings had been completed and 85 percent debris have been lifted.
Lifting of debris from blasts-hit buildings along with other works at affected place in Abbas Town would be completed by Wednesday evening, he added.
Zaidi himself was present in relief camp for several hours and monitored the restoration and relief works.
Injured people and relatives of blasts’ victims also met with him and shared their problems.
He said that all necessary facilities along with special attention for treatment of the injured have been provided.
He said that the arrangements of residence along with food and water for victims of Abbas Town have been made, on the directives of Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan.
Eight families have been shifted immediately to a school of New Rizvia Society on temporary basis whereas the arrangements for shifting remaining families along with their goods have been made, the Commissioner Karachi said.