KARACHI - A couple and their five children received severe burn injuries after their house caught fire in Korangi area here early on Sunday.
Being informed, police and rescue teams reached the site and shifted the victims to civil hospital for treatment. Three of the injured are stated in critical condition. The injured couple was identified as Haroon, 35, and Shagufta, 30, whereas five children aged between one to ten years were identified as Hassan, Mahnoor, Dua, Hamza and Fatima. The case was still disputed between police of Korangi and Korangi Industrial Area (KIA) police stations; however, KIA SHO Muhammad Amin said that the family had burnt a chimney to avoid cold. When they were asleep, various objects lying near to the chimney caught flames.