NAWAIWAQT GROUP
 
 
 
Paralysed patient perishes
 
 
 

LAHORE  - A 50-year-old man suffering from paralysis was burnt to death when fire erupted in a portion of a three-storey building in Shah Alam market, police and rescue workers said on Thursday.
Firefighters say they believe the fire broke out when the bed-sheet fell on the burning gas-heater late on Wednesday night.
The deceased, identified as Khalid, was residing alone in the single-room apartment located on the third floor of the building.
Rescue workers recovered the body from the bedroom after extinguishing the fire. Valuables including households worth tens of thousands of rupees were also reduced to ashes in fire. Further investigations were underway.
Killed: An unidentified cyclist was crushed to death by a rashly-driven jeep in the RA Bazaar on Thursday. The body was removed to the morgue while the police are investigating.

 
 
on epaper page 13
 
 
more in Lahore

LAHORE  - Security forces have launched a massive search operation in the mineral-rich ...

LAHORE  - The Urs of 17th century saint Hazrat Shah Jewna will begin here on Saturday (...

April 19, 2014
April 19, 2014
 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus
 
 
NAWAIWAQT GROUP