NAWAIWAQT GROUP
 
 
 
2 die as militants attack Bugti Express
 
 
 

NASEERABAD - At least two people—a railway police constable and a passenger, were killed while six others wounded after Quetta-Lahore bound Akbar Bugti train was attacked by militants positioned on mountain top in Bolan District on Monday.
The armed men opened fire at the train as soon as it came out of a tunnel in Machh area of Bolan. The attackers managed to flee from the scene following the attack. The train was on its way to Quetta from Lahore when it came under attack.
The FC spokesperson confirmed the death toll saying, the train came under attack in Naseerabad, in which two passengers died. The spokesperson said that a helicopter was called in to launch a search operation.
The injured were shifted to Provincial Sandeman Hospital Quetta for treatment. The dead were identified as Railway police constable Mohammed Ali and Mohammed Nadeem, resident of Punjab.
According to PR official, the train left for Quetta after two hours as the security forces cleared the area. “The rail services are not affected due the attack,” said Mohammed Kashif, an official of PR.
Nobody claimed responsibility for the attack; however Baloch nationalist rebel militant groups had targeted trains in the past. In October last year, seven persons were killed and 16 injured when Jaffar Express train was struck by a bomb in Naseerabad district.

 
 
on epaper page 3
 
 
 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus
 
 
NAWAIWAQT GROUP