QUETTA - Frontier Corps (FC) has claimed to have killed seven alleged militants and wounded seven others after a clash with them in Kech district of Balochistan.
Banned outfit Baloch Liberation Front claimed it had partially damaged two helicopters of security forces during the gun battle.
According to a spokesman for Frontier Corps, armed militants attacked a convoy of FC in Mand area of Kech district following which security forces started a search operation in the area and chased the militants.
He said seven militants were killed and over 11 others sustained injuries in the battle that lasted several hours. “Two key commanders of the banned outfit were also among the injured,” the security sources said, adding the FC jawans remained safe in the clash.
When contacted, officials of the local administration in Kech said they were not aware of the operation. “We have heard blasts and firing, but have not been informed of the operation,” a senior official in tehsil Mand said, requesting anonymity.
Meanwhile, the spokesman for banned Baloch Liberation Front (BLF), Goharam Baloch, calling media offices from an unspecified location, confirmed two of their fighters had been martyred in a fierce armed clash with security forces. He claimed the BLF fighters caused a heavy damage to the security forces and also partially damaged two helicopters.
The spokesman said that due to bombing in the area cattle of the Baloch people were killed in a large number and women and children injured.
MISSING AFGHAN OFFICIAL REACHES HOME: The Afghan Consulate official, who had gone missing about a month ago, reached his home here on Saturday.
Muhammad Hashim was reportedly kidnapped from Satellite Town when he was on his to office on July 24. His son Muhammad Siddique had lodged an FIR about the missing of his father. No outfit had claimed responsibility of Hashim’s kidnapping.
However, Hashim reached home safe and sound on Saturday. However, he said he did not know how his release became possible.