ISLAMABAD- The government is thinking to ban federal and provincial ministers for giving statements regarding Taliban to save the dialogue process, sources said today. The government has taken serious notice of defense minister Khuwaja Asif latest statement regarding the launch of full-fledged operation against the Taliban if violation of ceasefire continues. According to sources, the Prime Minister himself took notice of Khawaja Asif’s statement because he still wanted to resolve the problem with dialogue.
Earlier on Friday, defense minister Khawaja Asif told Reuters that the government would not hesitate to bomb militant hideouts or send forces into the tribal areas. “If there is a ceasefire, it has to be complete. Without that, we just cannot afford to have talks with the Taliban”, Asif said in the interview with British news agency.