NAWAIWAQT GROUP
 
 
 
Ahrarul Hind claims responsibility for Peshawar, Quetta blasts
 
 
 
Ahrarul Hind claims responsibility for Peshawar, Quetta blasts

PESHAWAR / QUETTA- An increasingly active Taliban splinter group, Ahrarul Hind claimed responsibility for the Quetta and Peshawar blasts.

On March 13,2014 attacks in Peshawar and Quetta killed a total of 19 people. In Peshawar, a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of a police vehicle, killing at least nine bystanders including a woman and a child, police said. In Quetta, at least 10 people were killed when a motorcycle laden with explosives exploded near a college in the city center, police said.

“We claim both Peshawar and Quetta attacks,” chief of Ahrarul Hind Umar Qasmi told a foreign news agency. “We don’t abide by these peace talks and will continue to stage attacks.”

Ahrarul Hind, which splintered from the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan just a month ago, had previously claimed responsibility for an attack in central Islamabad earlier this month when suicide bombers and gunmen killed 11 people in a court.

Investigators believe that Qasmi, the leader of the group, is capable of drawing support from other militant outfits, including several linked to Al Qaeda that have wreaked havoc in the country over the last decade.

 
 
 
 
more in National

GAZA CITY  - Israel declared a Gaza ceasefire over on Friday and killed 80 Palestinians...

LAHORE/ISLAMABAD - Imran Khan has clearly dashed government hopes of luring his party to tal...

 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus
 
 
NAWAIWAQT GROUP