Abdul Mujeeb Zahid
Four children of the same family including two brothers and two sisters were burnt alive when a stock of fireworks material exploded after it caught fire in a factory established in a house here in the suburban Khangarh Town on Sunday.
Muhammad Younas, a fireworks manufacturer, ran the factory in his house where the mishap took place in which he, himself, has sustained critical burns.
Muzaffargarh DPO Rana Abdul Jabbar told the media that it was not a terrorist activity rather a mishap which took the lives of four children. He said that two children seven-year-old Sania and eight-year-old Sonia died on the spot while 10-year-old Usama and 11-year-old Muhammad Kashif succumbed to burns in Nishtar Hospital Multan. While Muhammad Younas has sustained 70 percent burns on his body and his condition is stated to be critical. Rescue 1122 In-Charge Dr Irshadul Haq confirmed the death of four children of the same family. He recalled that last year, Younas’s brother along with his three children had also died in a similarly mishap but they did not abandoned the business.
AGENCIES ADD: The blast also resulted in fire in surrounding houses resulting massive losses. The rescue teams reached the scene and shifted the bodies and injured to hospital. It should be mentioned that fireworks factories are functional across district but the administration has paid no heed to take action.