SIALKOT/NEW DELHI - The Indian army aggression on the Line of Control (LoC) continued as two civilians sustained injuries in an unprovoked Nakial sector fresh mortar firing on Saturday.
Nakial Assistant Commissioner Muhammad Ayub said that Indian Army opened unprovoked firing at a place called Kanate, which continued for three hours and wounded two civilians.
Pakistan army, in a bid to silence the Indian guns, retaliated, but the Indians started targeting the civil population with the help of heavy weapons.
Sources said though Pakistan was showing restraint, Indian forces continued unprovoked mortar firing and shelling in a blatant violation of the ceasefire at the LoC, injuring two civilians. They said two persons had been martyred and nine wounded in Nakial sector alone during the last three days, adding the Indian army had fired over 800 mortar shells in different areas of Nakial sector.
Meanwhile, Indian army chief General Bikram Singh has directed his battalion commanders deployed along the LoC to be "aggressive and offensive" in the face of provocation by Pakistani forces.
In an interview, General Bikram Singh threatened to retaliate against Pakistan for the alleged killing of its soldiers, saying he had asked his commanders there to be aggressive in the face of provocation.