QUETTA - An Anti-Terrorism Court reissued arrest warrants for former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, Balochistan governor Owais Ahmed Ghani and Dera Bugti district coordination officer Abdul Samad Lasi, ordering the authorities concerned to produce them in next hearing on November 26.
ATC Judge Tariq Anwar Kasi on Tuesday heard the application of former president Pervaiz Musharraf seeking exemption from appearing personally before the court in Nawab Bugti murder case.
Former interior minister Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao and former provincial home minister Shoaib Nausherwani appeared before court.
During the hearing, Nawabzada Jamil Bugti’s lawyer Sohail Rajput expressed dissatisfaction over the investigation carried out against Musharraf and other accused in the case.
At this, the Crime Branch investigation officer told the court that a letter had been written to the federal government for the arrest of Shaukat Aziz, Owais Ghani and Abdul Samad Lasi, but he said so far they had not received any response from the other side.
Musharraf, the main accused in the case, did not appear before the court. His counsel, Illyas Siddiqui requested the court that his client could not be produced in view of security threats. He asked the court to exempt his client from appearing before the court in person.
Reserving its judgment on Musharraf’s application, the court reissued arrest warrants for Shaukat Aziz, Owais Ghani and Abdul Samad Lasi.
Veteran Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti was assassinated in a military operation on August 26, 2006.