DELHI (AFP) - The United States and India Monday signed six agreements besides a plethora of business deals inked separately during US President Barack Obamas trip to India.
Here is a list of the main government-to-government agreements:
- India-US agreement to set up a joint Clean Energy Research and Development Centre. It will be backed by 50 million dollars by both sides over five years and work to complete joint research in solar, biofuels and energy efficiency.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for a Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership. US will cooperate in Indias plans for a nuclear centre, to promote nuclear security and address threats of nuclear terrorism.
- MOU to establish an India-US Energy Cooperation Programme. It will mobilise private sector expertise and resources to address clean energy-related issues in India and the US.
- Agreement on technical cooperation to study Indias annual monsoon rains. Cooperation on weather forecasting for Indias crucial annual monsoon.
- MOU between India and the US on shale gas resources which will see US technology used to assess shale gas resources in India.
- MOU on establishing and operating a Global Disease Detection Centre in India, which will set up a laboratory in New Delhi designed to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.