At least 80 were confirmed dead in a landslide triggered by two earthquakes in mountainous northern Afghanistan, officials confirmed to NBC News on Tuesday. A search was continuing for more bodies in the rubble, but was hampered by lack of equipment, officials said. The governor of Baghlan province said that 22 homes were buried but the bodies of only two women had been recovered. Twenty people were in hospital with injuries. "We don't think we will be able to take out the other bodies," Governor Abdul Majid said. The United Nations said it was working with authorities in the area to determine what aid was needed. Afghanistan's north is prone to earthquakes. A 2002 quake in the same province killed more than 2,000 people.