Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has said that the government did not deviate from any parliamentary resolution by reopening ground supply lines to Nato forces in Afghanistan. Khar’s comments came Wednesday as the federal cabinet formally approved its defence committee’s decision of restoring the ground supply routes. Speaking at a press briefing in Islamabad, the foreign minister said that the US had formally tendered an unconditional apology to Pakistan over the deaths of 24 Pakistani soldiers in a US air raid on the Salala checkpost last year. Khar said that Pakistan had not engaged in any ‘secret deal’ with the US for reopening the key supply routes. The foreign minister further said that Pakistan had blocked the supplies to the Afghan-bound convoys for almost eight months only to have its principled stance accepted. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Tuesday said she was sorry for the loss of life in a US air raid last year. “We are sorry for the losses suffered by the Pakistani military. We are committed to working closely with Pakistan and Afghanistan to prevent this from ever happening again,” Clinton had said. Khar said a message of not crossing red lines had been given to the US. The Foreign Minister added the NATO supply route was reopened but a super power had to “back down.” Pakistan will continue talks with the US over drone attacks, Khar said.