RAWALPINDI – At least two girl students got unconscious owing to suffocation when fire broke out at Punjab College of Commerce here on Thursday.
The reason for fire is stated to be the short circuit. The victim girls later moved to Holy Family Hospital (HFH) for medical treatment where they were identified as Maryam daughter of Jahangir, 19, and Fiza daughter of Shahid, 18. According to Rescue 1122, fire engulfed due to short-circuit on the second floor of the college because of which thick smoke filled the rooms. The rescuers said that the two girls trapped in a room in smoke fell unconscious. Interestingly, the police station concerned officials were unaware about the incident when this scribe approached the area police to know whether any legal action was initiated or not. In HFH, the doctors stated the condition of the two girls out of danger.