Advisor to Prime Minister on Interior, Rehman Malik said on Wednesday that there had been no role of Interior Ministry or government in collecting evidence and recordings against Arsalan Iftikhar Chaudhry, son of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.
While talking to media here in Islamabad, he said that he had always respected the Supreme Court and would appear before it if the court ordered to record his statement.
Malik said he will file for damages worth Rs3 billion against two TV anchors who had dragged his name into the Arsalan Iftikhar case.
In reply to a question, Rehman Malik said no VIP security was provided to Malik Riaz nor any security route was arranged for him. However, he said that the tight security has been provided to both, Malik Riaz and Arsalan Iftikhar.
The adviser said that he would speak to Inspector General Police whether or not Arsalan Iftikhar would be sent to a safer place, as it is a sensitive issue and the government does not want any third force to take advantage of the situation.
He said that the security around the Supreme Court was enhanced in response to a letter from the Registrar and on certain information.