TA - The bodies of four miners who were killed in an explosion inside a coalmine in Marwar area have been dispatched to their native town in Swat.
This was stated by Chief Inspector Mines Balochistan Farooq Ahmed while talking to The Nation on Sunday. He said that seven miners were working inside mine when blast had taken place due to accumulation of gas.
He said that only four miners including Akhtar Saeed, Muhammad Afzal, Muhammad Ali and Saeed Anwar were killed in the incident and all the bodies were retrieved from the mine. He said that three miners had received injuries and one of them identified as Aqil Jalil was shifted to Civil Hospital for treatment.
The Chief Inspector Mines said that soon after getting information rescue teams and volunteers were sent to the site who completed rescue operation on Sunday at 4:00 pm. He said that so far no committee was formed to probe into the incident.
However, he said that it would be constituted within next 24 hours. He said that according to initial reports, the incident occurred due to lack of safety measures. He added that Rs 0.5m would be provide to heirs of each deceased miners.