Local residents said that the sewer-men, identified as Asif and Nadeem, entered into the gutter near Jammu bus-stop at Badian Road. They tried their level best to come out the gutter due to the poisonous gas but failed.
Rescue workers rushed to the spot and managed to pull out the dead bodies after hectic efforts.
Asif was said to be the resident of Manawala while Nadeem belonged to Chowki Nadirabad. Rescuers said that the workers died due to suffocation, caused by poisonous gas.
The police handed over the dead bodies to the families. Further investigations are underway.