The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained. However, firefighters believed that the fire broke out because of short circuiting. Rescue workers said the rooftop of the three-storey building caved in as the fire spread in the candle-unit within no time. However, no casualty was reported. Rescue 1122 workers rushed to the spot soon after the incident and managed to put out the fire.
In another incident, huge fire erupted in a lubricant factory located in Margzar Colony in the Sabzazar area. Rescuers said the fire, which broke out because of short circuiting, engulfed the entire building within minutes. However, firefighters reached the spot soon after the incident and managed to put out the fire. Further investigations were underway.