NEW DELHI - The Indian Supreme Court on Thursday rejected the bail plea of Lt-Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit and other accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, reported Indian media.The Indian Military Intelligence officer is facing two separate trials, one is being handled by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and the other one is Army’s Court of Inquiry (CoI) into the matter.Earlier in June this year, the Malegaon blast accused had said he had ‘infiltrated’ the Hindu radical outfit Abhinav Bharat and did his job properly and also kept his bosses in the loop.In 2008, a bomb exploded on a Friday evening near a mosque in the town of Malegaon, killing six people. One month later, the Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) in Maharashtra said a group of Hindu right-wing radicals was to blame. Lt-Col Purohit, who was posted in Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh, and was undergoing an Arabic Language course, was accused and arrested. The Army, without conducting an immediate court of inquiry, handed him over to the ATS. Later, it did order a court of inquiry but did not allow Lt-Col Purohit to cross-examine witnesses.More than 50 army personnel have testified so far that the Army may have wrongly handed over Lt-Col Purohit to the ATS without conducting its own investigation.