QUETTA - Balochistan National Party (BNP-Awami) central leader and former Provincial Minister Syed Ahsan Shah has levelled serious allegations against provincial government for allegedly kidnapping two officials aiming at to tamper electoral record.
“I will register case against Chief Minister Balochistan, Chief Secretary, IG Police and Director Anti-Corruption,” he announced this while addressing a Press conference at Quetta Press Club on Monday night. BNP-Awami leader levelled serious allegations against provincial govt stating that during the elections, the Returning Officer of his constituency was removed and Assistant Commissioner was posted as Returning Officer.
“We submitted our reservations to the Election Commission in this regard,” he said, adding, that in constituency PB-48 (Kech) in most of the polling stations he was leading but the result was surprisingly tampered.
Ahsan Shah claimed that when electoral boxes were brought to finance offices some of boxes were not properly sealed and they stressed the number of sealed and unsealed boxes should be written but the officials did not follow the instructions.
He said that the result and the record was tampered in the finance offices and when some responsible Election Commission officials refused to do so, they were transferred to Kohlu, Washuk, Kharan and other areas.
The transferred officers have also moved the court, he informed.
He said that he had submitted a Constitutional petition in Election Tribunal against Chief Minister Balochistan Dr Abdul Malik Baloch who succeeded from the same Kech constituency and the case had been heard twice.
But he claimed that two officials of finance offices were kidnapped from the office of Director Anti-Corruption and were tortured to tamper the result.
Two rockets fired in Panjgour: Unidentified people fired two rockets in Panjgour, a district located near Iran border, on Monday while police seized explosive device in Quetta.
According to sources, two rockets were fired by militants from an unknown location in Panjgour town which landed near Government Girls Degree College with huge blast in desolate areas. However, no loss of life and damage to property was reported in the rocket attack. Police and other law-enforcement agencies rushed to the site after the blast and cordoned off the area. No group has claimed responsibility for the rocket attack. On the other hand, police seized an explosive device at Jan Muhammad Road of Quetta and got it defused. Police said on a tip-off that a suspicious substance was lying at roadside at Mullahkhel Street Industrial police rushed to the site and called in Bomb Disposal Squad which defused the explosives which was weighing about 2 kg. Police have registered a case and started investigation into the incident.