QUETTA – The Balochistan Assembly Thursday unanimously approved the supplementary budget for the outgoing fiscal year in 25 minutes.
The estimates for the non-development expenditures were Rs12.316 billion while Rs15.666 billion was earmarked for development expenditures.
The house adopted the demands unanimously when the speaker put them for vote. There were only three members in opposition benches but none of them was present during the proceedings.
Earlier, some lawmakers expressed their resentment over the Arsalan case, calling it media trial of Chief Justice of Pakistan. “The media trial of Chief Justice is being carried out because he took serious notice of missing people in Balochistan,” they remarked.
Provincial Irrigation Minister Sardar Miuhammad Aslam Bezinjo said that CJ had taken notice of discovery of decomposed dead bodies of missing Baloch youth upon which a campaign had been kicked off against him so that the attention could be diverted from Balochistan and missing people issue. “This media trial be stopped forthwith”, he demanded.
S&GAD Minister and PML-N leader Sardar Sanaullah Zehri lauded the efforts of judiciary, saying the incumbent judiciary was taken concrete steps for the supremacy of law. “Such steps can steer the country out of crisis,” he said.
Balochistan Senior Minister and leader of JUI-F Maulana Abdul Wasay demanding immediate end to the media trial of CJ said that such practices would further weaken the position of state institutions.
Asad Baloch of Balochistan National Party (BNP-Awami) said that CJ took notice against those who were behind the enforced disappearances of youth.
“The rulers disliked this step and started a campaign,” he said and adding that apex court had proved that two missing persons were in the custody of Frontier Corps who were killed and their bodies were thrown away.
The BNP-Awami leader said that it was matter of great concern that a campaign had been lashed out against CJ after he took serious notice on Balochistan issue.
The Provincial Minister without portfolio and PPP provincial president Mir Sadiq Umrani protested over release of insufficient water to Balochistan by Sindh.
At this, the Irrigation Minister Sardar Aslam Bezinjo said that Balochistan should get 6500 cusecs water but contrary to it, Balochistan was getting only 4000 cusec water. “We have taken up this issue with Sindh government many times but still Balochistan is not getting its due share of water,” he added.
However, Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani assured the house that he would take up the issue with Sindh government.