LAHORE – Scores of people are reported trapped after a huge fire erupted on the third floor of the Aiwan-e-Mashriq Plaza on Abbot Road late Saturday. Firemen and rescuers rushed to the site and launched a battle to put out the fire that also engulfed two adjacent buildings. It is stated that the fire broke out due to short-circuit. Four people have been rescued however dozens are reported to be entrapped. The plaza and its adjacent buildings host various auto-parts shops, hotels offices.
The operation was underway till filing this report.