LAHORE - Punjab police could not trace the 29 missing persons pointed out by the National Commission on Missing Persons, The Nation has learnt on Thursday.
Sources in the Home Department disclosed that the NCMC had sent a detailed list of missing people from Punjab with credentials, their respective districts and concerned police areas. There are no proceedings in the missing persons cases despite establishment of Joint Investigation Team for the purpose. The JIT established to review the missing people cases would send its report to the Provincial Task Force.
Though the police had succeeded in tracing ten missing people, but the remaining 29 could not be located. The Home Department has to issue a circular to the respective police officers in this regard for their early search. The department will forward the updates to the commission as well.
The sources further disclosed details of the missing persons, saying Lahore division stands on top with 6 missing persons while Rawalpindi and Khanewal districts have 5 persons each, Attock and Sargodha 3 persons each and Jhelum, Jhang, Chakwal, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Sheikhupura and Okara one person each. All of them could not be traced yet, the sources added.
As per details sent to the police officers concerned, Dr Ali Abdullah s/o Dr Sarfraz Ahmad, Hassan Arslan Sajid s/o Ashraf Malik, Kochay Khan s/o Sakhi Jan, Naveed Butt, Shahid Shahzad Tahir s/o Saeed Khawar, Qamar-uz-Zaman s/o Abdul Jalil from Lahore, Amjad Hussain Gohar s/o Barkat Hussain, Zaheer Muzaffar s/o Muzaffar Khan Kayani, Syed Bashir Hussain s/o Bashir Hussain, Islam Hussain s/o Syed Shah, Hafeezur Rehman s/o Abdul Razzaq from Rawalpindi, Ziaur Rehman s/o Muhammad Rauf, Arif Khan s/o Sain Chan, Arshad Khan s/o Dost Muhammad from Attock, Ali Rehmat s/o Muhammad Khalid from Jhelum, Umar Hayyat and Umar Barkat from Chakwal, Qari Sanaullah s/o Muhammad Abdullah, Khwaja Ejaz Mehmood s/o Ghulam Mohyyud Din, Imtiaz s/o Ajab Gul from Sargodha, Usama Fidaul Hafeez s/o Qari Abdul Hafeez from Faisalabad, Hafeezur Rehman s/o Shah Muhammad from Jhang, Rizwan Kafeel s/o Kafeel Ahmad from Sialkot, Attiqur Rehman s/o Mian Mushtaq from Sheikhupura, Ghulam Sajid Amjad s/o Basra, Rizwan Yousuf s/o Haji Muhammad Yousuf, Pervaiz Abbas s/o Mukhtar Ahmad, Ghulam Sabir s/o Ghulam Muhammad, Rizwan s/o Nawab Khan from Khanewal and Khalil Ahmad s/o Abdul Jabbar from Okara have not been traced yet by police despite continuous struggle.
The Home Department has forwarded the list to the CCPOs, RPOs, CPOs and DPOs of the relevant districts to accelerate efforts in this connection.
Missing persons’ heirs to stage march
Staff Reporter adds from Quetta: The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons announced to kick off a march from Quetta to Karachi to draw attention of the authorities concerned and humanitarian organisations towards the issue.
VBMP vice president Mama Qadeer Baloch said this while addressing a news conference at the Press Club here on Thursday. The VBMP, an organisation formed by relatives of the missing persons, is peacefully struggling for recovery of the missing persons for last five years.
Baloch said that they had been peacefully struggling for last five years by setting hunger strike camps in Karachi and Islamabad but authorities concerned were not focusing on this humanitarian issue. “We once again decided to shift our camp to Karachi from Quetta,” he said, adding that this time they had decided to adopt a new sort of protest by marching from Quetta to Karachi.
He said during the long march from Quetta to Karachi, the relatives of the missing persons and women would also join the movement. He said that they would kick off their protest on October 26 from Quetta Press Club.
Mr. Qadeer Baloch, whom son Jalil Reki was kidnapped in 2009 and after three years his dead body was recovered, said they had been peacefully protesting for the last 1,300 days but of no avail. “The series of enforced disappearance and kill and dump incidents are underway,” he claimed, adding that despite the orders of apex court the perpetrators were not being brought to the justice.
Responding to a question, he said that women would also be included in the march and if something wrong happened to the protestors, the provincial and central governments would be held responsible for it.