CHI - The blast at Malir Halt was much more similar to the blasts occurred last year during the Chehlum procession.
Terrorists fixed an explosive device similar to a box, used by food chains or courier companies on the carrier of a motorbike, as they had used computer monitor and TV last year. Investigators of the blast revealed that the same sort of modus operandi was used by the terrorists as it was used last year in twin blasts.
Sources privy to matter said that explosive device carried around 3.5 to 4 kg material fixed up to the motorbike which caused no damage on the ground. The sources added that last year terrorists used computer monitor and TV fixed on the motorbike and this time, same kind of tactics were used by the terrorists.
Terrorists used remote-controlled device and exploded them near the police mobile when actual target of mourners buses was missed, they believed.
Explaining the intensity of the blast, the sources informed that parts of suspected bombers body, which later identified as policeman, were found 300 feet away from the scene.
Police constable Manzoor Bhutto, one of the victims in his statement to the police said that mourners of the Chehlum were getting back from the main procession when they saw a motorbike and a man standing nearby the motorbike.
Police personnel deployed far away from the bike asked the man to take the motorbike away when suspicious man crossed the road and police party reached near to the motorbike to take bike away but the suspected man exploded the device.
Police registered the FIR 29/1011 against the unknown culprits.
It is pertinent to mention here that police believed that Junduallah operatives were behind the blasts but was unable to arrest any of them since last year.
IGP Sindh Salahuddin Babar Khattak at the funeral prayers of deceased cops told reporters that evidences were being collected and at this stage it would be premature to say anything about the actual culprits behind the blast.
The funeral prayers of the martyred police personnel of the blast was offered on Wednesday at Police Headquarters, Garden.
On the occasion, IGP Sindh Sultan Babar Khattak met the families of the victims including PC Kamran Qureshi, PC Imran and PC Mushtaq.
The IGP expressed his deepest sympathies with the families and said that the Sindh Police would remember the bravery, patriotism as the policemen achieved martyrdom in the line of duty and set an example for others. Later, talking to newsmen, Khattak said that the families of the cops would be given Rs 2 million each as compensation while the injured ASI Manzoor would be promoted to next grade. The Home Department has also announced Rs 0.1 million each for the families of martyrs.
The funeral prayer was also attended by CCPO, DIG South, DIG East, Commandant Razaqabad Training Centre, SP Saddar, the family members of Shaheed cops and large number of people from law enforcement agencies. On the other hand funeral
Prayer of Hafiz Kashif who also died in Malir Saudabad blast held in
Shah Latif Town and was buried in a local graveyard in the same area where he resided. Kashif was the employee of a private airline and was the father of four children. Police said at the time of incident he was on his way to home on his motorcycle and died after the blast.