BRITNEY Spears' lawyer has said the singer will not seek an extension for a restraining order against her former manager, Osama "Sam" Lutfi. But Samuel Ingham added the 26-year-old star did not want to be "further harassed" by Mr Lutfi. The order, issued earlier this year, required Mr Lutfi to stay 250 yards (228 metres) away from Ms Spears. In a statement Mr Lutfi, 33, said he and Ms Spears had "agreed in private" that another order was not necessary. Ms Spears' mother, Lynne, obtained the restraining order in a Los Angeles court in February after claiming Mr Lutfi had been controlling her daughter's life by drugging her and taking control of her finances. Ms Spears' father, James, is currently in charge of the singer's affairs. He was granted control of his daughter's assets in February after she was admitted to a psychiatric ward. Lawyers for Ms Spears and her father are expected to appear in a Los Angeles courtroom on Thursday to give an update about Mr Spears' role as his daughter's conservator.  A US court creates conservatorship when a person cannot care for themselves.  That power negates the need for a restraining order against Mr Lutfi since Mr Spears' role as conservator allows him to decide who sees his daughter, according to Mr Ingham. "If Mr Lutfi makes any future attempt to contact Britney after the temporary conservatorship has concluded, Britney has made clear she will take all appropriate legal action," wrote Mr Ingham. -