LAHORE Dacoits barged into a house situated in Wapda Town Area in broad daylight on Thursday, tortured family members with clubs and blunt weapons and fled away after collecting cash, gold ornaments and other valuables worth Rs one million at gunpoint. Police sources said that five dacoits equipped with pistols forced their entry into the house (No 186/G-2) of Dr Muhammad Ashraf in Wapda Town the vicinity of Satu Katla police by scaling the boundary wall at about 1:15 pm on Thursday. Three of them held up the family members at gunpoint while one robber was sitting in the XLI-car parked outside the house. Another robber on a motorcycle was standing at the main gate. According to the victim family, the robbers were Pushto-speaking young boys. As the female family members tried to put up resistance against the daylight robbery, the dacoits thrashed and badly tortured the women with some blunt weapons. The women, who were present alone at that time, sustained serious injuries and later were provided medical treatment. The robbers also held a two-year-old boy hostage at gunpoint and demanded the family members to hand over cash, gold ornaments and other valuables to them. The later bandits collected 20 tolas gold ornaments, Rs 80,000, and cellular phones and other valuables at managed to escape from the crime scene. The victim family contacted the police by phone and disclosed the happening to the police but the police concerned took one hour to reach the spot. Local residents complained that the Wapda Town police check post was situated at a stone throwing distance from the victims house but they reached there after one hour. A good number of local residents gathered outside the victims house and staged strong protest demonstration against the police hierarchy. They said that daylight robberies have become order of the day in the area but the police have miserably failed to control the crime in the locality. They further said that bandits were committing daylight robberies in the area when the male members left for work. The police however, collected evidences from the crime scene and are investigating with no arrest made so far.