Seven of a family killed, four injured in house fire

FAISALABAD    -    At least seven members including four children of a family were killed and four others injured when a fire erupted at a house in Montgomery Bazaar here on Friday.

Rail Bazaar police said the trag­ic incident took place in Street No 2, MashaAllah Plaza, Montgomery Bazaar. The bodies and injured were shifted to the Allied Hospital.

The victims were identified as Abdul Sattar, 55, Umar, 42, and Farhan, 33, Aroosh Umar, 12, Yousaf, 11, Mouavia Usman, 10, and Bilal, 4. The injured included Hamza, 7, Noor Fatima, 7, Razia, 70, and Samiya, 10.

Rescue teams safely evacuated 20 other persons from the build­ing, including Tayyab, Faiza, M Ali, Fatima, Ahmed Ali, Huzaifa, Wajiha, Athar, Usman, Mubeen, Khizara, Sibgha, Hamza, Azeem, Humaira, Nimra, Muneeba, Ahsan, Ammar and Kinza.

On getting information, the rescue teams and fire brigade reached the spot and brought the fire under control. The cause of the fire was stated to be short-cir­cuiting, police said. Further inves­tigation was underway.

Moreover, Deputy Commission­er Imran Hamid Sheikh grieved over the loss of precious lives in the tragic fire incident in Mont­gomery Market here on Friday. In his condolence message, he expressed heartfelt sorrow and extended sympathies to the be­reaved family. He said that an in­quiry would be conducted into the incident to ascertain the causes behind the fire eruption.

He directed the civil defence department to ensure fire safety measures in plazas and high rises. FESCO administration will be con­sulted to save the properties from main electric wires passing near the buildings, he added.


An eighth-class student lost his life after accidentally contact­ing with high-voltage wires dan­gling on road in Burewala. Family source said the deceased namely M Tariq was taking out iron pipe from store located near Gagu Mandi situated near his home. 

In the meantime, he contacted with a wire falling low near the shop. Resultantly, the boy fell down and breathed his last. After the death, heirs along with people across the area converged to hold protest against ‘Mepco’ negli­gence’ that caused to emerge the brutal tragedy.

Locals held that they had resort­ed to Mepco to lodge complaint against dangling wires but none of the official came up to put wires in order form.

Meanwhile, a 58-year-old man was killed after snake bite here in the area of Kot Momin on Friday. Police said that M Noor, resident of Bhabhraa, was cutting fodder in his fields when a venomous snake appeared and bit him. He died on the spot

ePaper - Nawaiwaqt