NEW YORK- Police in New York have appealed to the public to help identify a man who shot at least two homeless people Saturday, killing one of them as he slept on the street. “The cases are clear and horrific,” said Mayor Eric Adams, a former police officer, as he urged any witnesses to come forward. A shooter first fired on a 38-year-old man in Lower Manhattan early Saturday, wounding but not killing him, investigators said. Then, shortly before 5:00 pm (2200 GMT), police in the same neighborhood found the lifeless body of another man in a sleeping bag. He had been shot in the head and neck. Video surveillance footage captured that attack, showing the shooter firing at the second man as he slept around 6:00 am, shortly after the first incident. Sunday night, local media reported a third man appeared to have been attacked.  That man, who also seemed to be homeless, was found dead in the city around 7 pm local time (2300 GMT) with a “possible gunshot wound,” NBC New York reported, citing police.  Adams, a Democrat, described the shootings as senseless attacks on people “sleeping on the streets -- not committing a crime, but sleeping on the streets.”