QUETTA - The Federal Cabinet met in Quetta for the first time in the history of provincial metropolis on July 13. The main focus of this meeting was to discuss implementation on the Aghaz-e-Haqooq Balochistan package. Baloch nationalist had already rejected the package but this time allies of the government were also not satisfied with the progress on the package. When Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani visited Quetta in May, even members of Balochistan Cabinet had made a lot of complaints over non-implementation of the package. During that visit, the prime minister had announced to hold a cabinet meeting in Quetta to review the implementation on the package. This meeting could not be held in June, however it was held on July 13. Besides federal ministers, officials of the federal departments related to Aghaz-e-Haqooq Balochistan package also attended the Federal Cabinet meeting. Briefing newsmen after the cabinet meeting, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan claimed that 65 per cent package had been implemented while efforts were afoot to implement rest of the plan. Independent political observers are not very much optimistic about the outcome of the meeting of Federal Cabinet in Quetta, however, three announcements including decision of a judicial probe into the murder of Nawab Akbar Bugti, constitution of committee for talks with disgruntled Baloch leaders and lifting of ban on recruitments on vacancies for Balochistan were important. A judge of the Supreme Court will head the probe into Nawab Bugtis killing. There are many secrets which will come on surface because of this probe, said Firdous Ashiq Awan addressing a press conference after the cabinet meeting. She said, Federal Government will request the Supreme Court for appointment of a judge for the probe. Government circles are declaring these decisions a big breakthrough but nationalists particularly the relatives of Nawab Bugti have rejected the announcements of the Federal Cabinet regarding formation of a commission. Nationalist circles have termed the decision of Federal Cabinet at this stage a delaying tactics by creating hurdles in the way of practical steps which are being taken by the provincial administration for arrest of accused nominated in the FIR on the directives of Balochistan High Court. Rejecting the decision of Federal Cabinet regarding formation of a commission, son of Nawab Bugti, Nawabzada Jamil Akbar Bugti said, This is a delaying tactics on the part of Federal Government. He said, If government is serious to resolve Balochistan problems, then it should form a commission about missing persons and recovery of mutilated bodies of Baloch youths who are being killed by government agencies.