QUETTA As many as five alleged Chechen militants including three women equipped with suicide jackets and hand grenades were killed by security forces in the provincial capital on Tuesday. They wanted to attack a check post of the security forces. One personnel of the Frontier Corps was also killed in the attack while explosives and bombs were seized from the militants. Official sources said a police party of Airport police station signaled a suspicious vehicle for search which was coming from Kuchlak side on National Highway leading to Pak-Afghan border. As the driver stopped the vehicle, the occupants showed their suicide jackets and threatened police to let them go otherwise they would blow themselves up and later escaped from the scene. Police immediately informed control center and tried to chase the militants. Sources said the militants including three women and two males parked their vehicle near a check post of the Frontier Corps at Bazai Cross, Karotabad, in the outskirts of Quetta. The sources said they hurled two hand grenades and were trying to approach the check post upon which the security forces opened fire on them and killed them before they reached the check post. As a result, a personnel of the FC identified as Sajjad received serious wounds and later succumbed to injuries while all the militants were killed in the attack. The blast and firing created a panic amongst people of the area. Soon after the incident, police and other law enforcement agencies rushed to the site and cordoned off the area. Sources said explosives and hand grenades were recovered from the bodies of militants and police had arrested the driver and took the vehicle into its custody. CCPO Daud Junejo told this ascribe that according to initial investigation the militants seemed to be Chechens or Uzbeks who were armed with guns and bombs. He said all the five attackers were killed. We had received intelligence of a possible attack in the city, therefore police had already increased checking, he added. Talking to the media men, Frontier Corps Colonel Faisal Shehzad said it appeared the militants were killed before they could reach their objective. He said the militants were looking for a major target, but owing to timely action by the security forces they could not succeed in achieving their target. The attackers were wearing suicide vests and they could be Chechens, he added. Police sources said the militants were between the ages of 20 to 25 years and a Russian passport was recovered from a militant, Ahmed. Following the attack security was beefed up in the city. Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani has appreciated the security forces for taking prompt action against the alleged suicide bombers. Meanwhile, four more bullet-riddled bodies were recovered from the Dasht area of the Mastung District on Tuesday. Levies Force officials said that following the information about the four lying in Dasht area near highway, they rushed to the site and moved the victims to hospital for autopsy. Mastung Topsider Rehmatullah said that notes were found from their pockets in which their names were written as Awaldar Yaseen, Muhammad Saleem, Major Yaseen and Nadeem while their hands and feet were tied with rope from the behind. The bodies were, later, shifted to the morgue of Quetta Civil Hospital for identification. Sources said that the identification of two victims Muhammad Saleem and Muhammad Nadeem, who were relatives, had been confirmed and they had gone missing few days ago while identification of two other bodies was to be ascertained yet. The Levies Force started investigation after registering a case.