LAHORE - The Dubai nightmare for Mohammad Asif finally came to an end on Friday but what action the authorities at home and the ICC, a WADA signatory, would take against the bowler is yet to be seen. The Asif saga has left a lot of questions unanswered, some of which PCB chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf is likely to answer after an internal inquiry. Director Human Resources PCB Nadeem Akram and Director Marketing Ahsan Hameed received Asif at the Lahore Airport. On his arrival at Karachi, the pacer tried to avoid the large number of media persons waiting for him out side Jinnah terminal and opted not to come out of the lounge. As soon as he cleared the immigration counter, he was taken to customs office and later he flew to Lahore. It was learnt that he went through routine questioning by the FIA. At Lahore's Allama Iqbal International Airport, journalists surrounded him, where he said: "No illegal import was found from my custody and all of my medical tests had negative results. "I am not going anywhere. First of all, I am thankful to God Almighty and then PCB Chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf. I am happy to be back in my country," Asif said He said: "I am grateful of Pakistan Embassy officials for their cooperation at their best. "I am thankful to our ambassador in Dubai, Ahsanullah Khan, who put in a lot of effort, and when Nadeem Akram [the PCB's director - human resources] arrived, it gave me lots of encouragement." Asif maintained that he was innocent. "I did not use any banned substance. During the Indian Premier League, I underwent two doping tests, and cleared both of them," he said. "If I had been tested positive, the ICC would not have cleared me." Asif apologised form the nation over whatever had happened in Dubai. I want to offer my thanks for all the support I received from all quarter," he said. Did he learn his lesson? The fast bowler had an eventful journey from Dubai as he was involved in a brawl with a journalist. Asif broke the mobile phone of an on-board journalist of a private television channel after getting into a tiff with him. Witnesses said that the journalist took Asif's video from phone. But Asif later overpowered the journalist and broke his phone. Asif did try to make a quite entry into the Pakistan territory but he was not allowed to remain silent.