Mongolian weightlifter tests positive for testosterone

RIO DE JANEIRO - A Mongolian weightlifter was disqualified from the Rio Olympics on the last day ahead of the closing ceremony in what was the Court of Arbitration's final decision during the Games, sport's highest court said on Sunday.

Chagnaadorj Usukhbayar, 19, who competed in the 56kg category but did not finish, tested positive for testosterone, becoming the seventh athlete to test positive for drugs during the Olympics in Brazil. "In total, the CAS... dealt with seven doping cases," it said in a statement. "Although its office in Rio will close today, the CAS Anti-doping Division will remain active from Lausanne.... to handle any applications referred by the IOC (International Olympic Committee) in relation to positive doping tests reported in the last days of the 2016 Olympic Games." The Rio Games end later on Sunday.

Rio police seize passports in raid on Irish Olympics office

RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian police on Sunday seized passports, phones and computers during a raid on the Irish Olympic office at the Rio Games as they stepped up an inquiry into black market tickets.

Irish International Olympic Committee member Patrick Hickey has already been detained in the inquiry. An Olympic Council of Ireland statement said Rio police took "passports along with their phones and laptops" from Irish officials at the OCI office in the athletes Village. Also confiscated were unused Olympic tickets that were meant to be for "athletes' families and friends." Irish media said three officials had their passports seized. But the OCI did not comment. "The OCI personnel were asked to present for questioning at a local police station on Tuesday," the statement said. The officials "agreed", it added.

Rio police did not confirm their role in Sunday's raid but said they were "conducting investigations since the morning, which will continue until Tuesday." Earlier, IOC president Thomas Bach said that Hickey, currently held in the Bangu maximum security prison in Rio, will appear before a Brazilian judge on Tuesday. The International Olympic Committee leader gave no other details but the 71-year-old Hickey could be formally charged or the judge could order him released on bail. "Mr Hickey will have his first hearing by a judge next Tuesday," Bach said Sunday on the sidelines of an IOC executive meeting in Rio at the end of the Olympic Games.

Speedo ends sponsorship of Lochte after Rio scandal

WASHINGTON- Speedo USA announced Monday it has ended its sponsorship of star Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte following his false claim that he had been robbed at gunpoint in Rio, a story he later admitted was "overexaggerated."

"While we have enjoyed a winning relationship with Ryan for over a decade and he has been an important member of the Speedo team, we cannot condone behavior that is counter to the values this brand has long stood for," the company said in a statement.