PARIS (AFP) - Pakistan will hold a new investigation into a bomb attack that killed 11 French engineers if France produces evidence that its intelligence agency played a role, its interior minister said. French judges are already probing claims that Pakistani officials may have ordered the attack to take revenge on France after they were denied cash kick-backs on an arms deal that had been promised them. Speaking after he met his French counterpart in Paris, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said while Pakistan had no new information on the attack he was open to holding a new inquiry. I talked to the Interior Minister, he brought this matter to my notice, and I said 'Give me any lead you have, any information you have, and definitely well take it up, Malik told France 24 television. If theres something well definitely come forward, transparently, after the investigations, he added, in an interview broadcast Wednesday. French Interior Minister Brice Hortefeuxs office said he had met Malik to discuss tighter intelligence cooperation against terrorism, but French officials did not confirm the pair had talked of the 2002 Karachi attack. In concrete terms, France will help the Pakistani authorities in terms of training, intelligence and equipment for units used in the struggle against terrorism, the French Interior Ministry said. The attack, in which a bus carrying French naval engineers working on a project in Pakistan was hit with a massive bomb, had been blamed on militants angry at Frances support of the US-led military campaign in Afghanistan. But in recent months, a former French intelligence official and lawyers acting for the families of the victims and have suggested that Pakistani agents may have manipulated a group into carrying out the attack. French officials cancelled commissions on the contract on the orders of then president Jacques Chirac, who was reportedly concerned that some of the money might be funnelled back to France to fund a rivals election campaign. Former presidential candidate Edouard Balladur has firmly denied that his campaign planned to take a cut of the bribes paid to Pakistani officials. Frances current leader, President Nicolas Sarkozy, was at the time head of Balladurs campaign and has also angrily denied any wrongdoing, adding that he is ready to testify before the judge investigating the attack.