The death toll from the powerful earthquake in southeast Turkey has risen to 264, Turkish Interior Minister Idris Naim Sahin told local media Monday. Deputy Prime Minister Besir Atalay earlier put the death toll at 239 and the number of the injured at some 1,300. Speaking at a televised news conference, Atalay said rescue teams had managed to reach all areas in Van province that was hit by the quake. Tents, woollen blankets and food were being distributed in the quake-stricken zone, expected to cover all the quake-hit zone Monday. Local media reports said earlier that the death toll was expected to rise further as hundreds remain unaccounted for.