ISLAMABAD   -   Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan, through his counsels submitted before the Is­lamabad High Court that no con­tempt of court had been committed by him (Imran Khan) at a public ral­ly at F-9 Park on August 20, and the IHC deputy registrar took the words selectively from the speech made by the respondent.

PTI chief filed his provisional reply in the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in response to a show-cause notice, is­sued to him for threatening an addi­tional sessions judge of Islamabad. A five-member larger bench of the IHC headed by Chief Justice Athar Minallah and comprising Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani, Justice Mian­gul Hasan Aurangzeb, Justice Babar Sattar and Justice Tariq Mehmood Jehangiri will conduct hearing of the contempt case against Imran on Wednesday (today).

The PTI chairman reply was filed by a panel of six lawyers headed by senior advocate Hamid Khan. It was stated that the present pro­ceedings initiated on the basis of of­fice note of IHC’s deputy registrar on 22.08.2022. The petitioner said that the deputy registrar’s note, by no such stretch of imagination could amount to criminal and judicial con­tempt. They submitted that the dep­uty registrar has no power to initiate such a note on newspaper clipping, and the present proceedings have been initiated without jurisdiction and, are liable to be withdrawn.

They submitted that it is the legal right of every citizen to complain about the conduct/ misconduct of a judge or any public functionary in accordance with law. The reply fur­ther said that the instant proceed­ings were initiated on the basis of newspaper clippings.